A PUBLISHER JUST ACCEPTED MY BOOK!!!!!!
So basically here's the timeline of what happened:
- I queried this new publisher (with Rhyme and Reason) on August 8th, 2014.
- I received a full request on August 24th, 2014. I sent the full the same day.
- On September 6th, 2014, I received an email from the editor, saying that they'd gone over my submission and discussed adding me to the publisher. They then asked for me to fill out a interview/author Q&A. I did so and sent that back the same day.
- I hadn't heard anything from them, so yesterday (October 24th, 2014) I sent the editor a quick email, just to confirm that she had in fact received my Q&A (since I know how unpredictable email can be sometimes, and I was worried about it having been lost in cyberspace).
- This afternoon (October 25th, 2014), I received a response from the editor. The email apologized for having taken so much time to get back to me, and said that I'd be a good addition to the publisher and they'd be glad to work with me!!!!!! (minus the exclamation points--that's my own addition, haha).
The editor said that the contract they'd be offering me would begin in January, which is perfectly fine, especially since my school semester isn't over until the end of December, and then I have winter break from the end of December to the end of January (so I'll be able to get a lot of writing/edits done in January)!
I'm still waiting to hear back from one more publisher and I haven't gotten responses from 9 agents that I queried. So I'm going to notify them of my current situation and see how that goes before officially accepting this publisher's offer.
But honestly, I'm just so glad that I finally got a YES. Like, my work is actually going to be published. My work. Little old ME! I know published authors always say that it only takes one yes and to never give up, but it can be difficult when you keep getting no after no after no (after no after no ... probably times twenty). But I finally got my YES! I'm finally another (BIG) step closer to reaching my publishing dream! And I can't believe it!
What a special way to celebrate my 50th WWW post AND celebrate one of my best friends' 20th birthday!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Well, that's all for this weekend folks! Until next time! :)
X <3 O
This is my year, this is my time, this is my now.