Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tuney Tuesday #40: Titanium (David Guetta)

Hey guys!!! 

It's time for Tuney Tuesday number  forty!!!! :)



Here are the rules:
Tuney Tuesdays is a weekly meme that I do. It's really easy! Just:
  • Once a week, on Tuesday, choose a song that you might be really into that particular week.
  • Include a video/cover art for that single if there is one (or the button for Tuney Tuesdays that Eileen over at ***Singing and Reading in the Rain*** made.) 
  • Include the lyrics
  • Write what you like about it in a review. Or write a few sentences about how it inspires you. Or how it relates to a book that you've been reading.
  • If you don't want to do your own song, you can use the song that I've done for this week.

The song I chose to do this week is Titanium by David Guetta, featuring Sia. Let me first start off by saying all the songs on David Guetta's album Nothing But The Beat are really awesome, and I'm sure I'll do postings of other songs at some point. I've always liked this song, from the first time that I heard it on the radio. It really got my attention, however, when I took the time to read the lyrics and see what they were saying. I love the line in the chorus where Sia says "You shoot me down, but I won't fall," it's such a wonderful line! I probably sound like a broken record in all my inspirational song postings, but this is another song where the artist is trying to portray an important message about standing strong even when others try to put you down (again and again). I think it's a really important message that everyone should live by: there are always going to be people out there that want to see you fall or fail at whatever you put your mind to, but it's important that you don't let them bring you down with all their negativity!
All of David Guetta's songs are really amazing--he's really made dance/electronic music popular, which is totally awesome!



Here is the Official Music Video for Titanium:







Lyrics (courtesy of azlyrics.com):

You shout it out,
But I can't hear a word you say
I'm talking loud not saying much
I'm criticized but all your bullets ricochet
You shoot me down, but I get up

I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose
Fire away, fire away
Ricochet, you take your aim
Fire away, fire away
You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium
You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium

Cut me down
But it's you who'll have further to fall
Ghost town, haunted love
Raise your voice, sticks and stones may break my bones
I'm talking loud not saying much

I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose
Fire away, fire away
Ricochet, you take your aim
Fire away, fire away
You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium
You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium
I am titanium
I am titanium

Stone-hard, machine gun
Fired at the ones who run
Stone-hard as bulletproof glass

You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium
You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium
You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium
You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium
I am titanium









Well, that's all for this Tuney Tuesday, folks! Until next time!

X <3 O

No comments:

Post a Comment