Sunday, June 16, 2013

What's the Word? Weekend #35

It's time for What's the Word? Weekend number thirty-five!  :)



 I know it's been a while since I've posted, so let's take a look at this weekend's news:

The Bad News: 
I start training for my job at a summer camp on Saturday. This isn't really bad news since I like my job ... it just stinks that I made a timeline for myself to finish Zulu Tribe before I started work so I only have a week left. It also means no more staying up late and sleeping in during the week.



The Good News:
I'm half way done writing Zulu Tribe, chapter wise. I'm just about done with Chapter 6, and the book is outlined to be twelve chapters long. The current word count is 28,120 words, and since it's a middle grade book I would say that I'm more than halfway done in terms of word count (but then again who knows what the final word count will actually end up being).
So yeah, I'm a little stressed that I still have 6 chapters left because I want to finish writing the book this week. But I think I can do it--it just means cutting down on my TV time and Internet browsing time A LOT. :)




In other news:
I finished all my finals (and came home) about a month ago (on May 19 to be exact). I'm officially an upcoming senior in college (or I guess, officially a senior since the Class of 2013 has graduated)... as I've said before .... SCARY!!!
Also, a couple weeks ago I started volunteering in the Pediatric Clinic of a local hospital once a week, which is really fun because I get to color and hang out with so many different kids (while they're waiting in the waiting area to see the doctor). This coming Wednesday I'm supposed to get training to be able to do some other things for the nurses and doctors there (since it can sometimes be slow at the coloring table depending on how many kids have an appointment in the afternoon), so while it probably won't be something directly involving the kids, I'm interested to find out what it is.





Well, that's all for this weekend folks! Until next time! :)


X <3 O
This is my year, this is my time, this is my now.

No comments:

Post a Comment