Sunday, May 13, 2012

What's the Word? Weekend #16

Hey guys!!!

It's time for What's the Word? Weekend number sixteen! :D




Let's look at this weekend's news ...:


The Bad News:
I got a few query letter rejections.
Other than that, no bad news really :)



The Good News:
Hmmm ... Thirteen days until I get to go home for the summer! :)
Also, while I haven't finished editing West Coast, I've put it on hold for a moment. While I get "space" from it (as many writers suggest you do, so that in a month or so you get some fresh eyes for it), I've thought of some ways to edit the very first book I wrote last summer. The changes are HUGE though, so I don't know if I'm gonna actually go through with them or not, or if I'm just getting overwhelmed or what ... I don't know. It's hard. 
Haha, I don't know what I put my little post about starting to get discouraged under the "good news" section, but oh well. 
I just, yeah .... I think the stress of the school year coming to an end is getting to me. But I'm also not like IN LOVE with West Coast like I was (am) with my first two books, and I don't know why. I've been trying to figure it out ... like, is it because I wrote it with the thought that it was going to be middle grade in mind, because it's 20,000+ words shorter than my other two books, because I wrote it during the school year (whereas I wrote the other two when I was not in school), because there's no romance in the book, because the plot is so out there that I'm afraid agents will be too scared to take it on, because I've already gotten my first two books rejected so I'm just starting to lose more and more faith with each work I produce? I don't know ... I wish I had the answer though! It's like the roller coaster I talked about having when I'm writing, but I don't seem to really be on the "up" that much ... and it's not like I hate it when I read it, but yeah ... I just don't know. I'm definitely not gonna give up on my writing dream, but I'm starting to feel like WC might be a throw away book, which KILLS me inside....so yeah. I don't know, haha!
But yeah ... sorry for my ranting :)



In other news:
Oh, and I still haven't heard back from either agent with The Zebra Stripes yet ... I thinking about sending a nudge letter to the agent with the full within the next couple weeks (since the response time was 3-4 weeks when I submitted it, and now it's 4-6 weeks ... and it's been almost 8 weeks now). 
So I don't know, we'll see. Right now I'm trying to focus on FINALS (AHHHHHHH!). Luckily I only have two finals, so it isn't too bad ... and they're a week apart from each other. I also have a paper due on Tuesday, which I've already written (YES!) but still need to edit (since it's in Spanish ...). So, as much as I want to send a nudge NOW (because I'm impatient like that sometimes, haha), I made a promise to myself that I'd wait until I was totally done with the school year to send any nudges.

And .... OMG I have ***THREE HUNDRED*** followers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys rock!!! THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!!! I think just knowing that people are following, and (hopefully) reading my posts is what helps keep me going ... even if they aren't reading any works that I've written and or trying to get published or anything, hopefully people seeing the ups and downs I'm having with the querying process will help other aspiring writers know how tough it is. But yeah, hopefully my journey will have a happy ending, and I can look back at these posts with a more optimistic view that I have now.
But yeah, thank you to everyone who is reading, commenting, and even just visiting my blog!!!! :D

My next goal is to get to 10,000 views, so it'll probably be a while before I get there, but that's okay :)





Haha and I almost forgot ... because, you know, I always seem to manage to post on a national holiday! ;)
 HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE MOMS OUT THERE!!! :D



And Happy Mother's Day to my mom. Even though she isn't reading this right now (hopefully in the future I can share this blog with my family so they can see how far I've come with my hopes and dreams, and that writing isn't something that I want to remain a "hobby" forever), I just wanted to say that I love you and miss you, and thank you for being the best mom I could have EVER asked for! 


<3 *********I LOVE YOU MOM!!!!********** <3









Well, that's all for this weekend folks! Until next time!!! :D

X <3 O
This is my year, this is my time, this is my now.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I know how it feels when you start to doubt yourself. It really sucks because sometimes I second-guess why I want to be a singer, because there's always the discouraging air in my house. :( But you just got to keep sight of what you want. I think I might have told you this before, but Beth Revis, author of Across the Universe and A Million Suns, had to write NINE books before finally getting one published. But now a BUNCH of people are fans of her novels! :) So just keep hope and I hope you had a really good Mother's Day! My mom got this huge cocktail and drank it all, even though she was the designated driver. -.-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen.
      Yeah, I'm definitely trying to keep sight and stay focused, but it's still tough.
      Haha yeah, you told me about Beth Revis, and that's definitely encouraging. Stephen King actually had a similar story, in that Carrie, his breakthrough novel, wasn't his first novel either. So I'm doing my best to keep the hope alive.

      Haha that sounds like an interesting Mother's Day. I'm still at school, so I didn't get to see my mom yesterday, but I called her and talked to her.

      Delete