Sunday, June 15, 2014

What's the Word? Weekend #41

It's time for What's the Word? Weekend number forty-one!  :)



Hey guys! I know it's been FOREVER (almost a year!!!) since I last did this, but I REALLY want to get back into it! Long story short, I was EXTREMELY busy during my senior year of college, so I needed to focus on that. And once 2014 came around, I promised my mom I wouldn't work on my stories until after I graduated. So I put my writing on the back burner, focused on my schoolwork, and now I'm a COLLEGE GRADUATE!!! :D :D :D :D :D


The Bad News: 
None right now :)




The Good News: 
I finished editing my most recent novel, (codename) Rhyme and Reason!!!!!

The word count is: 49,863 words

I'm really excited about this one! I finished editing it a couple hours ago actually, and it feels AMAZING. I've never been so into a story as I am this one. Seriously. Pre- and post- focusing on school, I spent months outlining the perfect plot for this book, spent over a month actually writing the book (which for me is a long time because my previous five books took me just a month to write) and over a month to edit it.

I think I finally found my niche with this story because it's an upper middle grade (which I think/hope I've got a good voice for) and it's a paranormal (which I know are a difficult sell right now, but I think/hope my premise is unique enough).

I also sent out my first three query letters on Thursday, and a few hours later I got a full request! So hopefully that's a good sign for this book!!!! My fingers and toes are crossed!!!!!!!!








In other news:
I wasn't able to do WWW during the school year, so to catch you up about taekwondo (since I talked about it in my previous posts all the time), my senior year of tkd was probably my best yet--I made so many great friends, I ended my college career as a senior blue belt, I got a silver medal at the nationals tournament in CA, I was elected most improved by my teammates, AND my coach already said that he wants me to compete for our school at nationals again next year!!! :D :D :D





Well, that's all for this weekend folks! Until next time! :)


X <3 O
This is my year, this is my time, this is my now.


P.S. Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment