Sunday, September 22, 2013

What's the Word? Weekend #39

It's time for What's the Word? Weekend number thirty-nine!  :)



I'm going to try and keep this short, only because I really want to finish editing Zulu Tribe tonight. So let's take a look at this weekend's news:

The Bad News: 
There's no bad news that I can think of. :)



The Good News: 
This week I rewrote the second half of the Zulu Tribe AGAIN, so now it's kind of a new take on what the story was like after I finished the very first draft. This kind of showed me that my initial instincts for what should happen in the book were correct--there was just something off about it (which was that I made things WAY too complicated during my first draft), but now it's fixed so I'm good.

So I've read and edited the first 55 pages (not double-spaced), and I have 43 more to go ... so yeah, hopefully I can get it done tonight (even though it might mean staying up late).

I also wrote the first draft of the query letter I want to use. But I wrote that back in the beginning of the week, and since I changed the second half of the book again, I'm probably gonna have to change the query letter quite a bit too (but I'll worry about that after I finish my first round edits).
 






In other news:
Taekwondo is going great. I've really started to establish some solid friendships with the other green belts in the class (who funny enough are actually sophomores). It's four times a week though, so it's definitely time consuming ... so we'll see how long I (or should I say, my body) last before I stop going to every single practice because I'm busy and/or in pain. :P





Well, that's all for this weekend folks! Until next time! :)


X <3 O
This is my year, this is my time, this is my now.

No comments:

Post a Comment