Saturday, September 6, 2014

What's the Word? Weekend #44

It's time for What's the Word? Weekend number forty-four!  :)



I know it's been two weeks since the last post, but I'm trying to get better at this, guys, really!
So let's take a look at this weekend's news:


The Bad News: 
No bad news that I can think of. :)






The Good News: 
The publisher who requested my full liked it!
Okay, maybe I don't really know that for certain, but this morning I woke up to find an email from the Editor in my inbox. I think my favorite part of the email read "...we have gone over your submission and discussed added you to [publisher]." I was like beside myself, even though it's technically not a contract yet. She then asked me to fill out the author interview that she sent me, which was basically a Q&A that asked questions to allow them to get to know me and me to get to know them. It's funny because she asked that I "take a few minutes and fill this out," but of course I ended up taking 2+ hours to fill it out! I just wanted it to be perfect (especially since this is the last round of the submission process for them)! So I just sent her my interview and now I'm nervous. I would hate to get this close only to receive another rejection...but I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason, so if it's meant to be then it will be. Still, I'm keeping my fingers and my toes crossed just in case!





In other news:
I got an air conditioner for my dorm room! This probably sounds like a small thing, but it got really, REALLY hot in the small room of mine. So I went home for Labor Day weekend and my parents bought me a portal air conditioner type of thing that my dad helped me set up (if you ever read this, thanks Mom and Dad!!!). I was so spoiled during my undergrad because all four years my dorm had AC, so it was definitely a shock to be baking in my dorm room (while I was awake and while I was sleeping).
I'm also super excited because taekwondo with my new school's club starts on Monday! I'm excited and nervous about it, but I know it'll be a lot of fun! Although I haven't really worked out, like at all, this summer, so it'll be interesting trying to get back in shape...






Well, that's all for this weekend folks! Until next time! :)


X <3 O
This is my year, this is my time, this is my now.

No comments:

Post a Comment