Sunday, January 29, 2012

What's the Word? Weekend #1

Hello everyone! :)

First off, let me just say ... OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT I HAVE OVER 100 FOLLOWERS!!!! You guys are all so awesome!!! SERIOUSLY!!! I can't wait to try and get to know each and every one of you!!! Thanks so much!!! :D

Second, from now on either on Saturday or Sunday I'm going to be posting what I like to call my "What's the Word? Weekend" post. Basically, it's my way of holding myself accountable to posting updates about The Zebra Stripes, or writing in general, every week even after I'm finished writing TZS. For the next week or so that shouldn't be a problem, since I'll probably be posting about it even when it's not the weekend because I have so much happening with my book right now while it's still in the writing process.


I'm currently still working on edits that I have to add before I finish writing the last two chapters. Since I was studying for finals, I tried to keep myself from writing the actual book as much as possible during the last week; so whenever I had an idea I'd just write it down so that I wouldn't forget it ... thus it's no surprise that I ended up with four pages of typed notes (but they're pretty spaced out ... otherwise I'd feel even more overwhelmed haha)! I've been able to get through about 1 1/2 pages so far, so hopefully by tomorrow or Tuesday I'll be done with the edits so I can start writing the chapters again (which I so desperately want to do)!!!!

As of right now, my current word count is: 66,990 words. And I have to be honest: I added ONE more surprise, even though I said I wasn't going to (it was one of the notes I wrote to myself to add before I was done with finals ... I still don't know how these ideas pop into my head). I actually wrote out two surprises; and although I wanted to use them both, I couldn't really find a spot for one of them and I didn't want it to seem like I just reluctantly shoved it in there so that I could use it. I think the others fit in rather nicely though, and I don't think there's room for anymore surprises (like these) fortunately haha. :)

That's all for today folks! Enjoy the remainder of your weekend! :D

X <3 O

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on going from like thirty followers to one hundred! That must've taken a LOT of dedication and hard work with visiting other people's blogs to get there! Follow Friday's so fun and you get to see all these other blogs out there that are so awesome!

    Hopefully you'll finish edits soon so you can start typing again and finish the rest of your story! The Zebra Stripes sound really awesome! I can't want until it gets published and I'll get to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen!
      Yeah, it did take A LOT of dedication and hard work!!!!! Follow Me Friday is really awesome!

      I have one more major scene to edit, and then I'll be able to start writing again! Hopefully I can finish today! Haha I love how you say it sounds awesome when you don't really know anything about it. :)

      But thanks for being such a great friend and supporter of me with everything I've done so far!!!! :D

      Delete