Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tuney Tuesday #5: Underdog (Jonas Brothers); What's the Word? Weekend #4

Hey guys!

Sorry I didn't post "What's the Word Weekend" a couple days ago; I've been SOOOO busy. And I'm still really busy ... but I'm gonna take a very quick break to post up my WWW post as well as my Tune of this week.




Here are the TT rules:
Tuney Tuesdays is a weekly meme that Eileen at  ***Singing and Reading in the Rain***  and I at JB Kantt at J.A.Y.A.! host. It's really easy! Just:

  • Once a week, on Tuesday, choose a song that you might be really into that particular week.
  • Include a video/cover art for that single if there is one (or the button for Tuney Tuesdays that I've made up. I'll put it later in the post.) 
  • Include the lyrics
  • Write what you like about it in a review. Or write a few sentences about how it inspires you. Or how it relates to a book that you've been reading.
  • If you don't want to do your own song, you can use one of the songs that Eileen at ***Singing and Reading in the Rain*** or I have done for this week.


So my song for the week is called Underdog, and the artist is the Jonas Brothers. Fortunately the lyrics are pretty self-explanatory as to why I like this song so much; it's DEFINITELY made it onto my inspirational song playlist! Unfortunately this song doesn't have an official music video, but here is a video that includes the lyrics:





Lyrics courtesy of azlyrics.com:
She's an underdog
Lives next door to me
She's always heard you won't amount to anything
And it kills me to watch the agony beyond her eyes
Tragic the way people pass her by
But now I realize


That everyone sees her
But nobody knows her
She screams in her pillow
For a better tomorrow
She hates it
But she takes it
Watch out for that girl
One day she may change the world


She's original
Never trying to fit in
She's got a way to always go
Against the grain
Oh yea!
Someday they'll see how beautiful she really is
I know that last will be the first
The tables gonna turn cause...


That everyone sees her
But nobody knows her
She screams in her pillow
For a better tomorrow
She hates it
But she fakes it
Watch out for that girl
One day she may change the world


Maybe she'll be in a movie
Maybe she'll be in a song
Better pay her some attention
Before she's gone


She's an underdog
Yea
She means the world to me
Yea


Everyone sees her
But nobody knows her
She screams in her pillow
For a better tomorrow
She hates it
But she makes it
Watch out for that girl
One day she may change the world


Everyone sees her
But nobody knows her
She screams in her pillow
For a better tomorrow
She hates it
But she makes it
Watch out for that girl
One day she may change the world 


 I love that it's straight forward in it's message: watch out for the underdog, because she may just come out of nowhere and go above and beyond what anyone thought he or she could do. I've done just that as I explained with the Mean post I made last week, so I definitely know it's possible; and I still have big dreams of becoming a successful young author one day, so I know I'm still not done being the Underdog. I personally think being the underdog is empowering, because that just pushes me that much more to try and be on top! :D





(2/28/12: created by Eileen at ***Singing and Reading in the Rain***)

As for What's the Word Weekend: nothing really happened this past week, haha. I've sent out a few more query letters, but other than that I'm just continuing to edit my book. I haven't really made that much progress since the last time I said I was editing my book because I haven't had time. But yeah ... you guys haven't missed much on the novel front haha :)


That's all for today folks! It's time for me to do MORE homework.

X <3 O

4 comments:

  1. This is such a great song and I feel like I can relate to it, as well as you and so many other people out there because everybody has big dreams and right not they might not be there but they soon will. :) And yes, one day we're going to change the world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice song. first time I heard about it too


    P/S New Follower @ When She Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following Lisa! I'm glad you enjoyed the song :)

      Delete