Sunday, February 17, 2013

What's the Word? Weekend #30

Hey guys!!!

It's time for What's the Word? Weekend number thirty!  :)



 So let's take a look at this weekend's news:

The Bad News: 
I'm sick ... again. I got sick after my throat got super dry and scratchy after I sparred yesterday.

No bad news in terms of writing though. :)




The Good News:
I'm changing the story premise yet again.
No really, this goes under the good news section, because I feel like I'm getting close to something I really like. It still have the same general theme/inspiration as The Zebra Stripes, so it's not super-farfetched. But yeah, I know I said that I didn't want to change my idea again in my last WWW post ... but trust me, it's a good thing. :)






In other news:
I finally have my green belt!!!  
I got it last Monday, and it was so exciting! It feels a little weird now though, because for the past two years I've been used to looking down at my belt and seeing yellow...but now I see green! I can absolutely get used to it though. ;)
Yesterday (Saturday) my college hosted a taekwondo tournament, and it ended up running really smoothly. Since I didn't compete in forms (because I only learned the green belt form like, a week ago ... through watching the form on Youtube), I helped record the scores of other poomsae competitors, which was pretty fun. Then when it was time for sparring, I competed with two of my teammates and we ended up getting bronze! I was actually really pleased with myself, because I won my first match by a lot (even though I didn't have to win, since my teammates already won their matches), and then I won my second match in sudden death (when the first person to score the next point wins), which was super intense and stressful because I had to win that match if we wanted to move onto the semi-finals and definitely get medals. Then in our third round, my two teammates lost, so I bowed out (meaning I forfeited) because I somehow hurt my ankle during my second match (and it still hurts even now, so I didn't want to risk hurting it more if I didn't have to), and it didn't matter whether or not I won because we were already out. It was really fun though, and I'm happy both me and my entire team did well (A LOT of people on my team got medals in forms, and quite a few of our sparring teams ending up getting at least bronze if not silver). Even if I did get sick after sparring, I was glad I could help out the team. :)






Well, that's all for this weekend folks! Until next time! :)


X <3 O
This is my year, this is my time, this is my now.

No comments:

Post a Comment