Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tuney Tuesday #30: Oath (Cher Lloyd)

Hey guys!!! 

It's time for Tuney Tuesday number  thirty!!!! :)



Here are the rules:
Tuney Tuesdays is a weekly meme that I do. It's really easy! Just:

  • Once a week, on Tuesday, choose a song that you might be really into that particular week.
  • Include a video/cover art for that single if there is one (or the button for Tuney Tuesdays that Eileen over at ***Singing and Reading in the Rain*** made.) 
  • Include the lyrics
  • Write what you like about it in a review. Or write a few sentences about how it inspires you. Or how it relates to a book that you've been reading.
  • If you don't want to do your own song, you can use the song that I've done for this week.

The song I chose to do this week is Oath by Cher Lloyd (featuring Becky G.). This is another one of those songs I chose to write about because it's such a fun tune. I'd only heard one other Cher Lloyd song before this one (Want U Back, which is also a really catchy song), and I really liked it. And then I heard Cher Lloyd perform Oath on the X Factor USA, and I thought it was a fantastic song. The song is about friendship, and she's basically taking an oath with her best friend that they will always stick together because they are like two peas in a pod that are meant to be friends forever. The two of them are always there for each other in times of need, they get in trouble together, they have a good time together ... the song is just the epitome of what a good friendship is all about (and a swear that you will remain that good of friends forever). Unfortunately most of the core friends that I had in high school that I considered to be my best friends turned on me (as I've explained in previous posts), so I don't really have any friends in my life anymore that I'm as close to as the two friends in Oath are. Still, I've definitely made some great college friendships that seem to grow everyday and will hopefully last forever.
In addition to being a great singer, what's great about Cher Lloyd is that she actually only came in fourth on the X Factor (over in the UK), and yet she's still become a successful artist both there and in the US. I think that just goes to show that hard work really does pay off.


Here is the Official Music Video for Oath:








And here's the video of Cher performing Oath on the X Factor USA in 2012:








And finally, here is the Official Lyric Video for Oath:








Well, that's all for this Tuney Tuesday, folks! Until next time!

X <3 O

No comments:

Post a Comment