Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tuney Tuesday #34: Lessons Learned (Carrie Underwood)

Hey guys!!! 

It's time for Tuney Tuesday number  thirty-four!!!! :)



Here are the rules:
Tuney Tuesdays is a weekly meme that I do. It's really easy! Just:
  • Once a week, on Tuesday, choose a song that you might be really into that particular week.
  • Include a video/cover art for that single if there is one (or the button for Tuney Tuesdays that Eileen over at ***Singing and Reading in the Rain*** made.) 
  • Include the lyrics
  • Write what you like about it in a review. Or write a few sentences about how it inspires you. Or how it relates to a book that you've been reading.
  • If you don't want to do your own song, you can use the song that I've done for this week.

The song I chose to do this week is Lessons Learned by Carrie Underwood. This is a song off of her first album, Some Hearts. I've been a fan of Carrie Underwood's since she first auditioned for American Idol, Season 4. I was so happy when she won the show, and I'm so glad that she's had a very successful career since Idol ended! I'm also a big fan of country music, and she's one of my favorite country singers--in fact, she might have been one of the singers that first help me realize how much I love country! Lessons Learned, is a wonderful song, and I absolutely LOVE the message. It basically talks about how she's grateful for all the different events that have happened in her life, good and bad, and how she's learned from her mistakes. I've had this song for years, but up until a couple months ago I didn't even think about the fact that not only is this a really good song, but it also shares a really important message to all the listeners about making the most of your mistakes and not dwelling on the past for too long--so into the inspirational songs playlist it went! 
I love Carrie Underwood! I have all her albums, and will continue to buy her albums as she continues to produce them!

 

Unfortunately there is no official music video for Lessons Learned, so I posted a video I found of Carrie Underwood performing it live at one of her concents:






And here is a lyric Video of Lessons Learned that someone made and posted on YouTube:





I've posted the lyrics below as well (courtesy of metrolyrics.com):

There's some things that I regret  

Some words I wish had gone unsaid  
Some starts that had some better endings
 
Been some bad times I've been through  

Damage I cannot undo  
Some things, I wish I could do all all over again
 
But it don't really matter, life gets that much harder  

It makes you that much stronger  
Oh, some pages turned, some bridges burned  
But there were lessons learned
 
Every tear that had to fall from my eyes  

Everyday I wonder how I get through the night  
Every change, life has thrown me  
I'm thankful, for every break in my heart, I'm grateful, for every time
Some pages turned, some bridges burned  

But there were lessons learned
 
There's mistakes that I have made  

Some chances I just threw away  
Some roads, I never should've taken
 
Been some signs I shouldn't see 

Hearts that I hurt needlessly 
Some roads that I wish I could have one more chance to make
 
But it don't make no difference 

The past can't be rewritten, you get the life you're given 
Oh, some pages turned, some bridges burned  
But there were lessons learned
 
And every tear that had to fall from my eyes  

Everyday I wonder how I get through the night 
Every change, life has thrown me  
I'm thankful, for every break in my heart, I'm grateful, for every time
 
Some pages turned, some bridges burned  

But there were lessons learned
And all the things that break you, all the things that make you strong  

You can't change the past, 'cause it's gone  
And nothing's gotta go, because they are gone 
Lessons learned
 
Every tear that had to fall from my eyes  

From everyday I wonder how I get through the night  
From every change, life has thrown me  
I'm thankful, for every break in my heart, I'm grateful, for every time
Some pages turned, some bridges burned  

But there were lessons learned  

Oh, some pages turned, some bridges burned  
But there were lessons learned, lessons learned










Well, that's all for this Tuney Tuesday, folks! Until next time!

X <3 O

No comments:

Post a Comment