Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tuney Tuesday #37: Taking Chances (Celine Dion)

Hey guys!!! 

It's time for Tuney Tuesday number  thirty-seven!!!! :)



Here are the rules:
Tuney Tuesdays is a weekly meme that I do. It's really easy! Just:

  • Once a week, on Tuesday, choose a song that you might be really into that particular week.
  • Include a video/cover art for that single if there is one (or the button for Tuney Tuesdays that Eileen over at ***Singing and Reading in the Rain*** made.) 
  • Include the lyrics
  • Write what you like about it in a review. Or write a few sentences about how it inspires you. Or how it relates to a book that you've been reading.
  • If you don't want to do your own song, you can use the song that I've done for this week.

The song I chose to do this week is Taking Chances by Celine Dion. I first heard this song on the hit television show Glee, when Rachel sang it back in season one (I'm SUPER behind in Glee--years ago I missed one episode back at the end of season 1 and I refused to watch any new episodes after that because I wanted to watch them in order, and I just never got around to doing it...anyway, I digress). I really loved the song after I first heard it, so I looked up who the original singer is and discovered that it was none other than the incredibly talented Celine Dion. Now, Taking Chances is more of a love song, but I like relating it back to my life in terms of taking chances with everyday events, whether it's applying for a creative writing certificate at my college, or writing a new book, or querying agents with a book, or belt testing in taekwondo ... whatever it is, you can't be afraid to take risks in life, because sometimes they'll pay off and sometimes they won't. But if you don't try, then you'll never know what could have been. It's something I think I'm still working on, and I'm sure others have to work on too, because sometimes taking chances can be really scary. So I love that Taking Chances is not only a really great love song, but a really great inspirational song in my eyes as well.



Here is the Official Music Video for Taking Chances:










Here is the Glee version of this song (which I LOVE LOVE LOVE):






And  here is a lyric Video of Taking Chances:













Well, that's all for this Tuney Tuesday, folks! Until next time!

X <3 O

No comments:

Post a Comment