Monday, November 5, 2012

What's the word? Weekend #25

Hey guys!!!

It's time for What's the Word? Weekend number twenty-five!  :)



Sorry this is late (aka not technically on the weekend, again). I just got back from my taekwondo tournament not too long ago (and it was technically Monday by the time I did get back to my dorm).

Let's take a look at this weekend's news:



The Bad News:
 I was hoping to finish editing BOB over Fall Break, but I unfortunately didn't. :(
 I think I got distracted by being at home, which has TV and good wireless service (because the WiFi in my dorm room is AWFUL, and it's just in my room too ... like if I step out into the hallway, it's fine!!!). Not to mention I got a bunch of summer internship stuff thrown at me from my family, which I appreciate, but the multiple things to apply for were kind of getting thrown at me pretty quickly, and then I was sending out resumes and calling various people on the phone and ... I mean, don't get me wrong, I am so thankful to have all these potential opportunities and I would love to have a summer internship this summer, but it also seems like my parents and siblings don't get how serious I am about my writing and wanting to become successful at it ... hopefully one day I can prove that THAT'S what I want to do (year round).



The Good News:
I've edited 80 pages of BOB thus far. The current word count is 50,290 words (so I'm officially over the 50K mark, YAY!!!). I'm hoping to finish editing the first draft very soon though, sooner rather than later (I have about 125 pages left as of now). I think I'll actually have some more time this week (before the school work load picks up again) since we're just getting back from break.




In other news:
I got second place in sparring at the Taekwondo tournament!!! YAY Silver medal!!!!
So I mean, I lost all my matches (the first two I didn't try (though I only lost by 1 and 2 points) because my two teammates had already won before me, and you only need two out of three matches, so I didn't want to risk hurting my knee further). The last fight for gold, my first teammate won, and then my second teammate unfortuantely hurt her foot (she's going for x-rays tomorrow ... fortunately it's not broken). So I was kinda thrown off by that, because I unexpectedly had to go next. I lost 4-2, but considering the fact that I have a bad knee, I haven't practice in three weeks (except for the last practice I went to Saturday, which just further aggravated my knee) because of my cold so I'm not really in the shape I'd like to be in, and considering that during my first fight I hurt my toes pretty badly (which always results in me subconsciously not kicking as hard as I can out of fear I'll like break my toes or something, thus my kicks don't score), I'd say I did decent. Not to mention I'm convinced the girl I was sparring was holding me (which is illegal, and I've been called for doing the same thing in the past .... and yet she wasn't called, so that didn't seem fair to me)
I still feel like I let my teammates down though, because if I'd of won, we would have gotten gold (and they had been winning all day so that I wouldn't have to fight and get further injured, but when they needed me, I didn't deliver). I know that I was hurt, and hadn't been to practice and stuff, but I still sometimes feel like I look like a failure to those who are standing around and watching when I don't win, you know, since they don't necessarily know I'm injured (and they might think I'm just big and slow and not really athletic or whatever). 
Sorry about my negativity.
But anyway, I'm really proud of my sparring team for getting silver, AND of my entire team for getting third in our division and fourth overall! And my teammates are proud of me, so I'm happy that they still believe in me even though I lack confidence in myself.




Well, that's all for this weekend folks! Until next time! :)

X <3 O
This is my year, this is my time, this is my now.

No comments:

Post a Comment