Saturday, November 10, 2012

What's the Word? Weekend #26

Hey guys!!!

It's time for What's the Word? Weekend number twenty-six!  :)



So this week's news is:



The Bad News:
 Hmmm ... I don't think I have any super bad news to share with you guys. :)
Although I will say, the wireless internet connection in my dorm room is still really lousy (I literally have to go walk outside my room just to get a connection) and no one's come to fix it. Plus, I bought an Ethernet cable to use instead, but that connection doesn't work at all! I know this is a minor thing to complain about (first world problems ... things could definitely be worse), but it still gets really annoying when I'm trying to look something up for my homework or get into my email (which is used A LOT for communication at my school).
And the light bulb in my room just went out yesterday ... so I gotta figure out who to contact to come and replace it. 
With all this going on (plus the paint chip on my wall that was here before I moved in, which is fine-able as damage to the room) I think my dorm room is just falling apart.



The Good News:
I've finished the first round of editing BOB!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

The final word count after editing round one is 52,287 words!!!

I definitely want to go through it again before I show it to anyone, but I'm really proud of having been able to get through it. Even though it only took me about a month or so, it took a while for me to edit it (compared to the time I put into editing the previous books I wrote). However, I've noticed that I definitely went though BOB with more of a fine-tooth comb than I did with my first three books, and I don't know if it's because I found more things wrong/I didn't like with this book or because I was just paying closer attention this time or what. There's still this doubt in my head about this book, and I really, really, really don't know why--I don't know what's causing this doubt, other than maybe the fact that the subject matter is pretty different and I don't know how young adults (my targeted audience) will feel about it.
But I'm trying to stay positive. I think I'm gonna take a little break from editing it by writing the first draft of my query letter for BOB and seeing how that goes. I just .... yeah, it's hard to explain what I'm feeling. I'm excited and I think that this fourth book could actually be what I need to get into the publishing world, and then I'm also scared that no one will want to read it, and then I'm nervous that a literary agent won't even want to read the first few pages.
Sorry, I digressed back into being negative .... YAY for finishing round one!!!



In other news:
Ummm ... I don't think I have any other news ... 
Oh, wait! I did well on my midterms! YAAAAAY :D :D :D




Well, that's all for this weekend folks! Until next time! :)


X <3 O
This is my year, this is my time, this is my now.




Sorry if I sound whiny at all in any of my posts ... I feel like the last few weeks my posts have been very whiny and negative. I guess I've just gotten so comfortable with this blog in expressing exactly what I'm feeling and what's on my mind and what's going on. So thanks for listening/reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment