Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tuney Tuesday #10: The House that Built Me (Miranda Lambert)

Hey guys!

It's Tuney Tuesday time!!! :D



Here are the rules:
Tuney Tuesdays is a weekly meme that Eileen at  ***Singing and Reading in the Rain***  and I at J.A.Y.A.! host. It's really easy! Just:


  • Once a week, on Tuesday, choose a song that you might be really into that particular week.
  • Include a video/cover art for that single if there is one (or the button for Tuney Tuesdays that I've made up. I'll put it later in the post.) 
  • Include the lyrics
  • Write what you like about it in a review. Or write a few sentences about how it inspires you. Or how it relates to a book that you've been reading.
  • If you don't want to do your own song, you can use one of the songs that Eileen at ***Singing and Reading in the Rain*** or I have done for this week.


So apparently I was feeling a little bit country today, because the song I chose for this week is The House That Built Me by Miranda Lambert. This song is awesome, amazing, fabulous ... just, I love this song. Miranda Lambert is such an incredible singer and an incredible person. I love that she let's people know that she is perfectly comfortable being you she is, even if it's not what the stereotypical celebrity is "supposed to" look like. I honestly can't say enough things about her. I love that she is a curvy girl that loves pinks, but also loves to be a tomboy and/or tough when she wants to. She loves animals, and even though she loves hunting too, I like that she is able to stand up to all the naysayers and basically just be like "this is who I am, so tough." Regardless of whether people agree with everything she does (for example, hunting), what I'm impressed by is that at the end of the day she is a role model for girls who want to be themselves. As you can tell by my other song posts, I'm a BIG believer in girls of all shapes, sizes, colors, and personalities just being themselves.
The House That Built Me is such a feel good kind of song. Had I not have just gotten back from Spring Break, I probably would be homesick right now just from listening to this song haha. It's just ... it's so good! I love it! I love a lot of Miranda Lambert songs, but I think this may have been the first song of hers that I ever heard. I'm actually a big fan of both Miranda and her husband Blake Shelton to be honest (did you know The House That Built Me was originally Blake's song, but then Miranda loved it so much that he let her sing it instead?). I started listening to Blake's songs first (after watching NBC's The Voice for so many weeks during its first season), and then I stated listening to Miranda. I've always been a fan of country, so neither of them have disappointed me with any of their songs I've heard!
I think at the end of the day this is a good old song about Home Sweet Home, and sometimes there's nothing better than going back to the one place you felt the safest, you felt protected, you felt warm, you just ... you felt like you were truly home. For every little detail in each room to your nice comfy bed (which you miss once you go to college, trust me), there's nothing like getting rejuvenated by going home.


The video is also really cute!!! I loved that Miranda used some of her home videos in this music video!!!!!!





Lyrics courtesy of elyrics.net:
I know they say you can't go
Home again I just had to come
Back one last time ma'am I know
You don't know me from Adam but
These hand prints on the front
Steps are mine

Up those stairs in that little
Back bedroom is where I did my
Homework and I learned to play
Guitar now I bet you didn't know
Under that live oak my favorite
Dog is buried in the yard

I thought if I could touch this
Place or feel it this brokenness
Inside me might start healing out
Here it's like I'm someone else I
Thought that maybe I could find
Myself if I could just come in I
Swear I'll leave won't take
Nothin' but a memory from the
House that built me

Mama cut out pictures of houses
For years from Better Homes and
Garden magazine plans were drawn
And concrete poured nail by nail
And board by board daddy gave life
To mama's dream

I thought if I could touch this
Place or feel it this brokenness
Inside me might start healing out
Here it's like I'm someone else I
Thought that maybe I could find
Myself if I could just come in I
Swear I'll leave won't take nothin'
But a memory from the house that
Built me

You leave home you move on and you
Do the best you can I got lost in
This old world and forgot who I am

I thought if I could touch this
Place or feel it this brokenness
Inside me might start healing out
Here it's like I'm someone else I
Thought that maybe I could find
Myself if I could walk around I
Swear I'll leave won't take nothin'
But a memory from the house that
Built me



So that's all for this Tuesday folks!!! :)

X <3 O

4 comments:

  1. This is the first time I've heard this song but I'm already starting to love it! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, sorry for the typo on the Lucky Seven meme that I did! I meant *many, not "any!" I started laughing because it's funny how one letter can change the entire sentence. :) I'm really sorry for the typo, but don't worry, I didn't forget about you! :)

      Delete
    2. Haha it's okay!!!
      I make mistakes like that all the time!
      As long as you didn't forget about me! :D

      Delete
    3. I have made MANY typos!! And most times I don't see it until someone tells me!! I am a new follower!

      Khelsey

      Delete