Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tuney Tuesday #9: I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman (Britney Spears)

Hey guys!!!

It's that time of the week again ... TUNEY TUESDAY!!!! :D




Here are the rules:
Tuney Tuesdays is a weekly meme that Eileen at  ***Singing and Reading in the Rain***  and I at J.A.Y.A.! host. It's really easy! Just:

  • Once a week, on Tuesday, choose a song that you might be really into that particular week.
  • Include a video/cover art for that single if there is one (or the button for Tuney Tuesdays that I've made up. I'll put it later in the post.) 
  • Include the lyrics
  • Write what you like about it in a review. Or write a few sentences about how it inspires you. Or how it relates to a book that you've been reading.
  • If you don't want to do your own song, you can use one of the songs that Eileen at ***Singing and Reading in the Rain*** or I have done for this week. 



Okay so the I decided to do another "oldie" this week; I chose to do I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman by Britney Spears. I've been such a big Britney fan for YEARS; like seriously, I remember singing Britney in the song back when she first came out with Hit Me Baby One More Time so many years ago. I truly feel like this songs just speaks to where I am in my life in a sense. I mean, being in college, you kind of walk that fine line between still being a teen and becoming an adult. It's a time where you really have to think about what you want to do with the rest of your life. Fortunately I still have a couple years to officially decide what I want to do, but I think in just preparing for this summer, I've really started to take things into my own hands, and I've been doing what I want to do more so than what's expected of me if that makes sense (for example, trying to become an author as opposed to say, a doctor or something like that). For instance, I've also ALWAYS loved working with kids, and for a while I started to try and ignore that passion of mine in going for other internships and jobs this summer. But in the end, I could tell that working with kids was what I wanted to do; so even though I may not be making as much money as I could if I was an intern at some investment banking company, I'm SO excited to officially have a job working at one of my favorite summer camps this summer (a camp that I went to for years).
Sorry, I kinda got off topic from the song. But anyway, anyone who's my age, or older than me probably knows what I mean when I say that you need to figure things out for yourself. I'm lucky enough to have an SUPER supportive parents who only want the best for me, and I think through getting this job for the summer we all realized that I'm not necessarily meant to be a banker, or a doctor, or anything ... my passion is working with kids and writing stories; that's just who I am. And I feel like I've started figuring out who I am these past couple months. And it's true: I'm not a girl, not yet a woman ... and I needed to figure things out on my own, and I'm sure happy that I've been able to. That's not to say that I still don't have a long road ahead of me in graduating for college, hopefully becoming a published author, and continuing to work with kids like I've been doing for years, but I'm happy that my path is clearer, and I think this song just helped me realize that.
So just remember guys; when you get to that age where you're not a girl, not yet a woman, it's okay to really take the time for find who you are, what you want to become. And it's okay to be yourself, and do what you love. Your parents are there to love and support you, as they should be, but don't be afraid to branch out and do what you need to fulfill your dreams. :)
...Oh, and this TOTALLY goes for all you guys out there too! Just take time for yourself to figure out who YOU are!!!




Lyrics courtesy of elyrics.net:
I used to think
I had the answers to everything,
But now I know
Life doesn't always go my way, yeah...
Feels like I'm caught in the middle
That's when I realize...

[Chorus:]
I'm not a girl,
Not yet a woman.
All I need is time,
A moment that is mine,
While I'm in between.

[Verse 2]
I'm not a girl,
There is no need to protect me.
It's time that I
Learn to face up to this on my own.
I've seen so much more than you know now,
So don't tell me to shut my eyes.

[Chorus]

I'm not a girl,
But if you look at me closely,
You will see it my eyes.
This girl will always find
Her way.

I'm not a girl
(I'm not a girl don't tell me what to believe).
Not yet a woman
(I'm just trying to find the woman in me, yeah).
All I need is time (All I need),
A moment that is mine (That is mine),
While I'm in between.

I'm not a girl
Not yet a woman
All I need is time (All I need),
A moment that is mine,
While I'm in between.

I'm not a girl,
Not yet a woman.






That's all for this Tuney Tuesday Folks!!!! Oh, and HAPPY SPRING everyone!!! :D


  

Until next time!!!


X <3 O

No comments:

Post a Comment