Saturday, March 17, 2012

What's the Word? Weekend #8

Hey guys!

It's time for What's the Word? Weekend numero ocho! :D



So let's take a look at the news I have for this weekend:


The Bad News
One word: rejection. I've gotten a lot of query letter rejections this week, which is never fun, but I know that it's all part of the process. I also got a rejection for a query letter that I sent back at the beginning of December for my first book, which surprised me because I didn't think that agency was going to respond. I still have a few agents who haven't responded about my first book even though they said they would within a month or so (and it's been a few months now), but that's okay.


The Good News:
I got another FULL request yesterday!!!! :D
The request almost made the rejections that I got the same day not sting as much. Now, once I start getting rejections on my fulls, that's when it's really gonna start to hurt A LOT.
But I'm super excited because this agent doesn't request as often as the other two agents that have my fulls, so I can't help but feel special (even if he ends up rejecting it, it's good to know that I have a decent query letter).


In Other News:
I'm finally done with midterms, which means SPRING BREAK for me!!!!! I'm so excited because I finally get to go home (after six straight weeks of being at college doing work, work, and more school work).




And I also want to say Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!! :D







That's all for this weekend folks!

X <3 O
This is my year, this is my time, this is my now.

4 comments:

  1. Wow you're querying and talking about Spring Break! You must be pretty young. That's awesome. I'm in the middle of my first draft of my first novel so I can't wait to hear how the rest of you process goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks IAHL! :D

      Good luck with your first draft! I feel like the first draft is usually the hardest one to get through when you have other things going on in your life.
      :)

      Delete
  2. You're so lucky that you get spring break for like six weeks. For a field trip recently, I went to a college for this thing where you perform, submit art and writing, and take different classes. I'm not old enough to actually enter, but I went with my friend and now I know why there weren't any people there! Haha.

    Congratulations on getting that one full request! If the agent doesn't really respond to a lot of queries, then that agent must be really interested! Wishing you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I got spring break for six weeks! It's only a week long. :)

      Haha yeah, quite a few colleges have spring break this week.

      Thanks Eileen! :D

      Delete