Monday, October 15, 2012

What's the Word? Weekend #22

Hey guys!!!

It's time for What's the Word? Weekend number twenty-two!  :)



I know it's technically Monday, but I didn't have time to post yesterday, and I didn't have my computer with me on Saturday.

So, this weekend's news is:


The Bad News:
I have a really bad cold right now. :'(
My throat was starting to get scratchy a couple days before my tae kwon do tournament, but I didn't think anything of it. Lo and behold as soon as I'm done fighting, I start sneezing uncontrollably and blowing my nose constantly ... so yeah, now I'm paying the price for it. Oh well.



The Good News:
DRAFT ONE OF BOB IS DONE!!!!! :D
The total word count for this first draft is 46,642 words.
I definitely still have a few rounds of draft revisions to get through before it'll probably be ready to show/pitch to anyone, but I'm still really excited to have just finished it!
I've only edited the first couple pages so far since I'm SO BUSY (so busy that I really shouldn't be posting up on here ... but oh well), but hopefully after the next couple weeks I'll be able to really get into it (because I have a bunch of stuff due this week, and then next week is midterms ... ugh!).



In other news:
My knee held up while I was sparring this past weekend! My sparring team got 5th place (along with three other teams ... in the quarterfinals, 4 teams get 5th place), which is pretty good considering two of my teammates were fighting for the first time ever. We have to win 2/3 matches per round, so since one of my teammates and I won our matches (and we had a "bye" the first round), we moved on to the quarterfinals. But then both my teammates lost, so it didn't matter whether I won or lost since I went last (it's funny because I've never lost a match when it actually counts and will move us on to the next round, but it's like I'm not as motivated when I fight and know it doesn't matter whether I win or not, so I usually lose ... very interesting). I wish I'd gotten a metal (4th place and up get medals), but hopefully we'll do better next time!
Anyway, my team got third place in our division, and fourth place overall in the tournament! So considering the teams who beat us had at least three times more people competing than we did, I'd say that's pretty awesome!!! :D
Well, that's all for this weekend folks! Until next time!!! :D


X <3 O
This is my year, this is my time, this is my now.

No comments:

Post a Comment