Saturday, October 20, 2012

What's the Word? Weekend #23

Hey guys!!!

It's time for What's the Word? Weekend number twenty-three!  :)



I can't believe it's time for another WWW already!!! I feel like I just wrote one! (Maybe that's because I posted on Monday ... hmmm nevermind.)


Let's take a look at this weekend's news:



The Bad News:
I still have a pretty bad cold. And midterms week starts on Monday ... it's not looking too good for me. :'(



The Good News:
The editing process of BOB is officially underway!
I know I really shouldn't have started until AFTER midterms week, but I couldn't help myself. Anyway, I didn't do too much; I've only gone through the first chapter (and already the word count has gone up to 47,890 words). I've only been looking at it when I'm taking breaks from studying (instead of doing my usual browsing YouTube or Blogspot, whatever I do during my breaks, haha). 

But yeah, I was really back on the low end of my roller coaster in thinking that BOB wasn't even worth editing because no one would want to read it (something I'm always telling myself about this book, but I don't know why) .... but I've gain more confidence in it since editing the first chapter. I have no idea why I have so many doubts about this book (even while writing it, I had to tell myself that I WILL NOT start on another book until the first draft of BOB was finished). Maybe it's a combination of the fact that it's my fourth book (and since my others got shot down, I'm just more protective of my idea and nervous about presenting another book), and that it's really different from anything I've written before or really seen out there on the shelves right now (which can help me, or hurt me if publishers don't think it has a chance). ... I don't know, I guess I'm all over the place with this book! 
But how amazing would it be for me to look back at this post one day and see how doubtful I was about BOB when it turns out being the book that helped launch my writing career ... that'd be so cool!



In other news:
Like I said before, midterms week starts this Monday. So I've been trying to study this weekend (and I'm actually make progress surprisingly ... because I can easily get distracted, haha). I don't actually have any midterms until Wednesday and Thursday (thank goodness I only have two for my four classes!!!!!). So yeah, I just gotta get through those two midterms (and the rest of my classes, because of course classes aren't cancelled during midterms weeks), and then I get to go home on Friday for Fall Break!!! :D

Well, that's all for this weekend folks! Until next time!!! :D


X <3 O
This is my year, this is my time, this is my now.

No comments:

Post a Comment