Sunday, April 29, 2012

What's the Word? Weekend #14

Hey guys!

It's time for What's the Word? Weekend number 14! :D



Alright sooooooo ... the news I have for this weekend is:

The Bad News:
N/A for this week ;)



The Good News:
Still haven't heard back from the two agents yet ... so that's (potentially) good, right? :)

West Coast is currently at: 35,773 words. I'd say I have about 10-15K words left to write give or take ... I'm definitely around the final stretch of completing the first draft, so I'm really excited about that! :D

I also have an AWESOME idea for my next book! I've already outlined it, and I'm SOOOO tempted to write it now! But, I won't. ... Why? 
Well (1) I've tried writing more than one book before, and, I couldn't really do it. I don't know how many of you have read the Follow Me Friday post I did a couple weeks ago about reading two books at the same time, but long story short my answer for reading two books at the same time is the same as writing two books at the same time: I feel like I'm cheating on the book I started first, and that wouldn't be fair because I wouldn't be given it all the love and attention that it (and the other book) deserves. So yeah, I like to focus all of my attention into one book when I'm writing; I think I produce the best stuff that way.
And (2) I promised myself that I would not start actually writing this new book until school is over (which is in less than a month for me; 3 weeks and 4 days to be exact!!!). It's a hard promise to keep since I LOVE writing so much, but I'm willing to do it if it means focusing on studying for finals and doing well on those.




That's all for this weekend folks! Until next time!!! :D


X <3 O
This is my year, this is my time, this is my now.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on having a new idea! Did you know that Beth Revis, author of Across the Universe, wrote NINE books before one got sold? So it's a good thing you have options because I bet that one will eventually get picked up! :) And you get better every book, right? :)

    ReplyDelete